Opening your classroom door to the world
If you would like to heighten your students’ cultural awareness, consider Opening your classroom door to the world.
My students really enjoyed creating their videos and they were highly impressed by all the different people who voted worldwide.
Take a look at the different countries that participated and voted.
- Hi, I’m from Singapore. The students were in a more relaxed setting, and they certainly spoke with confidence. Excellento!
- Prague, Czech Republic, Europe
- I am from a little town in Buenos Aires,Argentina, called Ranelagh
- İzmir, Turkey. :-)Karin
- I’m Argentinian but currently living in Lima, Peru
- Bahía Blanca, Argentina.
- I am from Mexico. Look for @dantorsan
- South Africa
- Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
- Hi! I’m from Slovenia and I enjoyed all the 3 videos very much. Way to go! Sasa Sirk
- Because it has subtitles – the sound quality on the others caused me to stop listening after 10 seconds. Brill stuff. Keep up the good work! David.Callaghan@edgehill.ac.uk
- I´m Sandra, a teacher from Derqui, Pilar. I´d chosen 3 because it offers the dynamics visual material should respect.
- Illinois, USA – Video 3 had more visual interest and was developed for easier understanding. Terry Smith
- I´m a teacher of English from Banfield, Greater Bs.As. Congratulations on your work. The three videos are excellent and challenging for other students.
I think that Stephen Downes summarizes this experience very clearly:
Thank you to all the different teachers that voted and took their time to view my students´ work. You have made a diffference in the lives of my students!!!
The winner was video 3. A big cyber clap to this group of students and to the rest because they´ve all done a wonderful job 🙂