Jennifer Verschoor graduated from St. Andrew´s Scots School in Argentina. She holds a degree in Literary, Technical and Legal Translation was well as a Bachelor´s degree in Educational Management, English Teaching and ICT in the Classroom validated by Trinity College London. Last year she completed her Master´s degree in Virtual Environments and currently she is studying a Specialization in Education and ICT offered by the Ministry of Education in Argentina.
Her emphasis in training teachers to integrate technology into the classroom started several years ago. Since then she has given numerous workshops on the integration of New Technologies in Education in Argentina, Japan, Paraguay, Costa Rica and the United Kingdom. She delivered online presentations for Tesol France, Besig in Germany, Tesol Uruguay, ETAS in Switzerland and IATEFL LT SIG. She is
She is the co-author of My First Digital Journey e-Book published by The Round in December 2012. She is a proud WEBHEAD and President of ARCALL Argentine Computer Assisted Language Learning.
She has been an on-line moderator in various TESOL Electronic Village Online Sessions since 2006. Currently she is working for the British Council in Argentina and Chile, ESSARP, Universidad Tecnológica Nacional, Cambridge English and SimpleK12 giving teacher training courses on the integration of ICT. She has been hired by SBS International to co-moderate TIC en el AULA, nominated for an ELTon Award 2013 under the category Local Innovation.
Awards and Scholarships
- Winner of a scholarship to attend a course at NILE Norwich Institute for Language Education in London. July 2013
- Winner of a full scholarship to attend IATEFL in Glasgow, Scotland. March 2012.
- Invited as a Guest Speaker to the attend the First Panel Discussion for the free IATEFL Learning Technologies SIG. November 2010
- Selected by Intel Argentina to travel to Costa Rica to implement the new version of Intel Teach Program Essential online. October 2008
- Winner of a full scholarship to attend the WorldCALL 2008 in Fukuoka-Japan, representing Argentina. August 2008
- Winner of a scholarship offered by the Consultants-e to take an online course on ICT in the Classroom validated by Trinity College. June-November 2008
The purpose of this blog is to show my path in this new teaching world.