Visuals reinforce concepts and vocabulary. They add variety and emphasis to presentations. 3M/Wharton School study (1981) and the University of Minnesota/3M study (1986). They conclude that there are three areas in particular where the use of visuals can improve presentations:
After reading this research I started using some really motivating and visually attractive websites with young learners to engage them in Halloween activities.
Feel free to use these websites with your students.
1) Learning chocolate offers a wonderful link with engaging activities for young learners.
2) Allow your students to review the previous vocabulary by using Taggalaxy to search for new vocabulary.
3) If you are a very busy teacher just download these ready-made presentations on Halloween
4) Make your students guess the Halloween jigsaw puzzle image
5) Allow your students to create their own Halloween story
6) Read a Halloween story created by a student online. Inspire your students to create and share their own story.