Cool websites to teach writing
Words – so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them.
As a language teacher I really find it difficult to motivate my students to start writing in class. The Internet is a resource that complements the dynamics of my class. It is easy to access, up-to-date and immediate source of authentic materials. Since I started introducing technology and using a wiki with Middle school my classes have definitely changed. Please check below the cool sites we have been using this year.
- Writing Fun A MUST for teachers. This website motivated my students to enhance their writing skills.
- The Writing Site Check this website with a great variety of tech integration ideas.
- iWrite Provides several examples for students to learn how to write effectively.
- Writing Fix Practice Prompt Recommendations.
- Writing Exemplars I make my students search for writing samples created by other students worldwide.
- Interactive Scoring Another website that provides writing samples to use with your students.